Monday, June 6, 2011

Gardening.....

I love being outside and so my children do as well. Any day that it isn't raining you can find us outside doing something like pulling weeds, riding bikes or taking care of our 3 acres.  We have beautiful perennial gardens that were created by the previous owners.  Each week there is something new blooming which attract the hummingbirds, butterflies and bees.  We love to grow our own veggies as well and have always tried to have a pretty large garden.  But being the mom of three busy children as well as running my own business, I just can't seem to get it all done.  We have moved from a very large garden to two small 4x4 ft. 
raised beds.
  

Last years garden is now a mass of dandilions.  We are having a bulldozer come and level our backyard for our hockey rink.  Right now it is off by a few inches and it takes a lot of water to level it out. 

We have planted peppers, tomatoes, red onions, cukes, cilantro and romaine.  We have a large crop of raspberries, blackberries and strawberries on our property as well.  I'm sure I can take care of and weed the small beds this year and the large garden always got so far ahead of me. 



 Too many weeds and not enough time to weed the garden.  Plus our dog always ran through and killed many plants which made all my hard work fruitless.  Wish us luck!
-cortney

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to do a raised veggie garden but it's so brutally hot, even my heartiest flowers are looking a little crispy. That and most of the easy veggies we don't like, like tomatoes. I think next year I might go for green beans or cucumbers...or maybe carrots.

    ReplyDelete