Friday, April 22, 2011

New Beachy Designs....

Ah the ocean, the salt water, the sand and the surf......you are calling for me.  I've always loved the ocean and I think that it was one extra thing that made me fall in love with my husband some 15 years ago.  His family owns a cottage on a beautiful piece of beach which is where we were engaged and then married a year later.  We take at least two annual family trips to "THE BEACH", and we are starting to plan out our times there.  I'd love to take a whole month off and take the kids there to enjoy the full summer with sandy bathing suits, fun sun filled days with the cousins and Grandparents.

I would sit on the beach with my big sun hat on and sketch for endless hours, in between applying sunscreen and building sandcastles with my three young children.  Oh how they LOVE the beach!

I've been working on a new series of coastal type pieces like this one of a girl riding a whale.  And I created a card from that image as well.
and then three lovely beachy ladies for water lovers.
We can't wait to get to the beach!  Do you have a favorite beachy spot? 
-cortney

1 comment:

  1. Girls... I am blown away as always... this new line is so whimsical & happy, it makes me smile! Have you two ever thought of having your work published? YOU SHOULD! If you ever do, let me know and I can point you in a good direction!! xo Jes

    PS... mt Abby dog is still sitting happily on the kitchen mantle :)

    ReplyDelete