Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thinking SPRING.....

Even though there is about 15 inches of snow covering our yard and no signs of spring yet...I can't help but dream about green buds, dripping maple sap and chirping birds.  A family tradition for us is to tap a few of the maple trees on our 3 acre property and harvest the sap.  The kids help out by hanging the buckets and helping Daddy get twigs for the fire.  It's a bit of a process but there is nothing like home made maple syrup!  The trees should start dripping later this month with good sunny weather!

Here are a few things that remind me of spring in Maine:

maple syrup....yummy
collection cans.....



great Maple lip balm from an awesome Maine shop.  You can visit her site here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/longwinterfarm?ref=seller_info

What is your favorite thing about the start of spring?

6 comments:

  1. Love being able to drive around with my sunroof cracked! Great post... never had homemade maple syrup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ahve been reading so many blogs about spring lately, but all from the south where things are blooming. it is nice to know there are other Mainers around still waiting. we will get there soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring time! Woot! Lovely Post :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I'm in Ct and no Spring here either! I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part of spring is seeing everything go from brown to green. And the first flowers. And waking up to that smell in the morning. I love spring.

    ReplyDelete