Monday, March 14, 2011

All things Irish....

Since my hubby is leaving for Ireland with "the boys", I've been thinking about all things Irish.  Irish food, Irish songs....everything.  I've been looking and finding all sorts of fabulous inspirational pieces like this one by Catherine Holman.
Fabulous folk art from this talented artist can be found here . She combines sweets with holidays in the most whimical ways!
Isn't this just the custest little twig legged lamb?  All decked out in his Saint Patty's Day finest? You can find more creative pieces here. 

and because I love folk art.....I am always drawn to these types of items.  Simple yet fun....whimsical and unique.
an irish fairy from here:   I've always had an attraction to fairies and have now passed that on down to my 4 yr. old daughter, Maya.  Each bedroom she's had has had a fairy painted on the wall and pictures hanging here and there.  
a fun piece of folk art from here: 
I'd like to go to Ireland someday too!
-cortney


1 comment:

  1. They are all fabulous! I love the print with the cupcake. I hope you r husband has a great trip to Ireland. Sue x

    ReplyDelete