Monday, January 10, 2011

Time outdoors.....

We spent a lot of time outside this past weekend.  The weather was nice, 32 degrees or a bit under and little snowflakes that fell all around us.  The kids used their shovels to try to build forts and my husband and I used the big shovels to work on our outdoor ice rink.  We laid down the tarp, made the border out of 2x4 and then filled it with a few batches of water.  It will take about a week of cold temps to get it full enough so we can skate on it!  While we were outside I saw a bunch of birds eating from our newly made pine cone and bacon grease feeders and red squirrels in the trees.  It inspired me to work on our new "woodland" collection of tiny figurines.   Get a sneak peek of them here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Indigotwin/276177064393

1 comment:

  1. what fun! reminds me of when I was a kid growing up in Michigan and the little rink my dad made for us in the back yard!

    ReplyDelete